Monday, 1 January 2018

Brownies

I love anything chocolate, and brownies are my favourite. Like most of the recipes I use regularly, this one came from my mom, who is a wonderful cook and baker. She usually makes them with nuts, but the people I bake for most often now do not like nuts, so I leave them out. If you would prefer, add 1/3 cup of your favourite nuts (my mom usually uses walnuts) to the brownie mixture, and bake as directed. These brownies are very versatile, and you can add whatever you want to the mixture (nuts, candies, whatever). I find they are usually better the day after you make them, so try to make the brownies ahead if you're serving them at a function of some sort.


1/3 cup butter
2 squares unsweetened chocolate
2 eggs
1 cup Sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3  cup flour


Melt the chocolate and the butter together, over a low heat. Let cool. In a separate bowl, sift together all the dry ingredients. Beat the eggs. Add the chocolate mixture and vanilla extract to the eggs. Fold in the dry ingredients. Spread into a 9 inch square pan. Heat the oven to 350 F, and bake for 25 – 30 minutes, or until brownies pull away from the sides of the pan. Let sit for about 20 minutes, to cool. Makes about 24 brownies.


No comments:

Post a Comment